DIN 1.2738 STEEL SUPPLY FORM & SIZE & TOLERANCE
Hot Forged Round bar:Φ80-Φ1000mm
Hot Rolled Round bar:Φ16-Φ130mm
Hot Forged Square bar: Max Thickness:500mm
Flat bar/Blcoks:Thickness :120-800mm ,Width:120-1500mm
|Surface Finish||Black-Forged ||Black-Rolled ||Turned ||Grinding||Polished||Peeled||Cold Drawn |
|Tolerance||(0，+5mm)||(0，+1mm)||(0，+3mm)||Best h9||Best h11||Best H11||Best H11 |
DIN 1.2738 STEEL CHEMICAL COMPOSITION
|1.2738||0.35-0.45||0.2-0.4||1.3-1.6||≤ 0.035||≤ 0.035||1.8-2.1||0.15-0.25||0.9-1.2 |
DIN 1.2738 STEEL RELATED STANDARD & EQUIVALENT GRADE
DIN 1.2738 STEEL FORGING
- Initial Forging Temperature：1180℃
- Final Forging Temperature：850℃
- Forging Ratio：above 4:1
- Post-Forging Treatment:According to experience, 1.2738 steel is prone to white spot defects after forging, and it is a white spot sensitive steel.The recommended practice is to do annealing and dehydrogenation heat treatment immediately after forging.
DIN 1.2738 TOOL STEEL HEAT TREATMENT
- DIN 1.2738 steel Softening annealing
The annealing temperature is 710~740°C, and the holding time is determined by 1h per 25mm wall thickness. After holding, it will be cooled with the furnace.
- DIN 1.2738 steel Stress relief annealing
The heating temperature is 600°C (annealing condition), 550°C (quenching and tempering condition), the holding time is determined by 1h per 50mm wall thickness, and the furnance cooling after holding.
- DIN 1.2738 steel Quenching & Tempering
Pre-heat temperature:450°C with 1-2 hours,650°C with 2-4 hours.The suitable quenching temperature for DIN 1.2738 is 840-870°C.With Oil quench cooling to 50-70°C,then tempering immediately.The tempering holding time is determined by 1h per 25mm thickness of the workpiece, at least 2h.Hardness will be 280-340HBW.