32CrMo12 steel is a nitriding steel which has at least 2.8Cr%,0.3%Mo as strengthening elements as per EN10250 standard.Similar with 30CrMo12,31CrMo12, it has a high tensile strength 880 – 1230 MPa after QT.32CrMo12 has high surface hardness and wear resistance after nitrided,but this material is difficult to weld and should therefore not be used in welded constructions.
1.Supply Form & Size & Tolerance
Hot rolled round bar:Φ20-Φ120mm,Length:3000-9000mm
Hot Forged round bar:Φ130-Φ1000mm,Length:3000-10000mm
Flat bar/Blcoks:Thickness :120-800mm xWidth:120-1500mm,Length:2000-6000mm
|Surface Finish||Black-Forged||Black-Rolled||Turned||Grinding||Polished||Peeled||Cold Drawn|
|Tolerance||(0，+5mm)||(0，+1mm)||(0，+3mm)||Best h9||Best h11||Best H11||Best H11|
|32CrMo12/1.7361||0.28-0.35||≤ 0.4||0.40-0.70||≤ 0.035||≤ 0.035||2.8-3.3||≤ 0.6||0.3-0.5|
4. Mechanical Property
|Thickness of ruling section T,mm||≤160||160-330||≥330|
|Yield Strength Mpa||≥680||≥630||≥490|
|Tensile Strength Mpa||≥900||≥850||≥700|
- Density: 7.8 g/cm3
- Mean coefficient of expansion in m/m.°C:
– between 20 °C and 100 °C:11.3 x 10-6
– between 20 °C and 500 °C:13.6 x 10-6
- Critical points:
– Ac 1: 780 °C
– Ac 3: 835 °C
- Modulus of elasticity ：210GMpa
32CrMo12 steel forging temperature:900 – 1100°C ,cooling as slowly as possible in sand after forged.
- Normalizing: 880 – 920°C,Cooling in air
- Soft Annealing:650 – 700°C,Cooling in furnace,Hardness:max 248 HB
- Hardening:890 – 940°C,water or oil quench
- Tempering:550 – 740°C,Cooling in air
- Nitriding: 480-570°C. Hardness after nitridng is 480-570 HV1.
32CrMo12 is used in automotive and general mechanical engineering components which requires high hardness and wear resistance,also suitable for gear wheels, cylinders, drills, connecting rods, shafts, extruders, quides, thread gauges with relatively large-cross section.